Obstructive Sleep Apnea: Cause , Symptoms & Remidies
Sleep Apnea is a situation when human’s breath becomes very shallow or one can even stop breathing during sleeping. Obstructive sleep apnea happens due to the partial or complete blockage of upper airway during shut-eye.There are several causes which are responsible for this :
- 1) Excess Weight and Obesity
- 2) A tumor in the airway
- 3) Down Syndrome and Pierre-Robin Syndrome
- 4) Enlarged Tonsils or Adenoids
SymptomsThe most common obstructive sleep apnea symptoms are as follows:
- 1) Daytime Sleepness
- 2) Loud gasp ,snoring ,sweating during sleep
- 3) Restlessness during sleep
- 4) Dry mouth and headache
- 5) Problem during sex
- 6) Waking up suddenly and feeling like you have chocked
- 7) Unusual breathing rhythm
Remedies:Obstructive sleep can be cured by surgery ,which is called UPPP.Even sometime it can be cured by a non-operative way (CPAP). So proper measures should be taken to cure the disease otherwise if not treated ,it can lead to serious complications like: cardiovascular diseases, accidents and even premature death.
Apart from the above mentioned factors there are some more risk factors which may lead to the disease .Like Hypothyroidism ,Acromegaly ,Allergy ,Deviated septum etc. In adults ,smoking, alcoholism ,use of sedatives is often responsible for obstructive sleep apnea .